Welcome to the City of East Jordan City Clerk’s Office
The mission of the City Clerk’s Office is to be a steward and protector of democratic processes such as elections and access to official records, and to meet regulatory requirements as established by law. The Clerk is the primary point of contact for the public and strives to provide the highest quality of service to the community by supporting the values and goals of the City Commission. The City Clerk is appointed by the City Administrator and works together with both the City Administrator and City Commission to serve the citizens of the City of East Jordan.
- Custodian of the City Seal along with all documents and records pertaining to the City including City Code Book, City Charter, resolutions, oaths and ordinances, policies and procedures
- Prepares all meeting agendas
- Records and transcribes City Commission minutes
- Maintains records for City boards and committees such as Planning Commission, DDA, Zoning Board of Appeals, Board of Review, Appointments Committee and Elections Commission
- Administers all Federal, State and Local Election
- Maintains records of all registered voters
- Click here for Voter Registration Form
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Coordinator, providing access to public records
- Publishes and posts legal notices
- Issues permits and licenses
- Cemetery administration for Sunset Hill Cemetery
- Assists with Zoning
- Human Resources Coordinator
- Handles all Insurances (Airport, Liability, Health and Vehicle)
You can email the address above or call our office if you have any questions or need information. We are always happy to assist!
Cheltzi Wilson, City Clerk
Current Election Information
In Person Voters: Make a Plan for Election Day
If you’re voting at the polls on election day, make sure you’re prepared by:
- Verifying you are registered and your polling location at www.michigan.gov/vote so that you know where you’re going.
- Bringing a photo ID with you as you will be asked to produce identification when you arrive. Acceptable forms of ID are: driver’s license/ID card, federal/state ID, passport, military photo ID, high school/college ID, Tribal ID. If you don’t have an ID with you when you arrive, you can sign an affidavit and vote as usual.
- Viewing sample ballots at www.eastjordancity.org/city/clerk so that you know what choices you’ll have on your ballot.
- Expect a long line and wait times to be long also, so bring a book or something to do as it could be a while before you get to the booth. If you prefer to bring your own pen, please do so and we encourage it! We will be doing our best to keep things sanitized as much as possible and following all social distancing protocols!
Public Accuracy Testing Notice
City Election Information
FOIA Public Records Request
State of The City Address
Title IV Policy
2020 Census Information